Indoor Waterfall Feature Basic Set Up and Installation Guide
Follow This Guide To Install Your Water Feature
Setting Up Your Decorative Fountain Is SimpleThis quick installation guide is not product specific, however it will give you an idea of what type of installation your new water wall will require. Each of the fountains and water features we have for sale on our site are designed with simplicity in mind. Regardless of the brand or model that you have selected your water feature will ship with the full installation instructions and in some cases may even include a DVD. If you have any question or run into any issues as you begin to assemble your new indoor or outdoor wall or floor fountain, please give us a call at 1 (858) 876-7261 so that one of our team members can assist with your issues.
The Ten Commandments Of Fountain Installation
1. Assemble in desired location according to assembly instructions included with your water fountain. Be sure that the floor is level. The reservoir should be sitting flat on the floor. It is recommended that you use a level to make sure it is level in either direction and that the fountain is sitting on a rubber mat or foam pads to ensure that the reservoir is not in direct contact with a hard surface.
2. Fill the reservoir with water. Be sure not to fill above the height of lower holes, while keeping the level two to three inches above the pump. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE THE UNIT ONCE IT HAS BEEN FILLED. It must be drained prior to being moved.
3. Plug into and electrical outlet. We suggest that you use an outlet with GFCI (Ground fault circuit interrupter) or a surge protector.
4. Water should start flowing over the surface of the fountain.
5. If there is no flow, the pump may have an air bubble in it. Try turning on and off the unit a few times by unplugging and plugging it back in. As a last resort, reach into the reservoir and tip the pump to release the air while it is still submerged. This will only have to be done the first time the unit is turned on.
6. Using the red (or blue) handle on the hose valve adjust the flow of the water to the desired effect. Too much flow can cause the water to spill or splash off the surface. Too little water will cause and uneven flow of water down the surface.
7. If the water flows to one side the surface that the unit is sitting on may be unlevel. Make sure your waterfall is always kept level. For floor fountains you can try using a shim (coin, thin plastic, etc.) under one leg of the panel to help level the fountain. Be sure to check right to left level as well as front to back. On wall fountains make sure the mounting bracket was level when installed. 8. DO NOT RUN THE UNIT IF IT IS LOW ON WATER. You will see air bubbles in the stream when the water level is getting too low. You should fill the water fountain weekly to compensate for evaporation.
9. Use standard glass cleaner to clean the glass surface. On stubborn hard water stains you may use a calcium lime remover but DO NOT get any on the metal surfaces of your fountain or it will damage the finish.
10. ONLY ADD RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS TO THE WATER. Harsh chemicals, such as bleach, or non-chlorine bleach products will harm pump and other parts essential to THE waterfall. These products are not recommend by Bluworld and will void any warranty if used.
Quick links to important interior and exterior water fall features information.
Once you order your water feature, you will receive a receipt confirming that your water wall is being processed for shipment. Average in stock fountains ship within 7-10 days and usually arrive 14-20 days after the order is made. For custom water features the lead time is generally 4-6 weeks, with most of our clients receiving their water features in 8 weeks. Please call 858-876-7261 and a fountain specialist will gladly assist you with your order. Water Feature Supply is a company built upon the principles of dedicated and exceptional customer service. We strive to provide our clients with the highest quality experience so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Water Feature & Fountain Resources